The honeymoon period is one that many people dream about especially before marriage.
The question of whether to go for a honeymoon immediately after the wedding or wait till a more workable time is one that many intending couples have to answer as they prepare for their wedding.
However, whether you decide to go for your honeymoon vacay immediately after your wedding or whether you choose to have it at a later time, choosing the right honeymoon destination is key.
There are many factors that go into choosing your honeymoon destination, some of which are –
- your budget,
- the number of days possible,
- spouse preference,
- visa application or not,
- travel/adventure appetite, etc.
The very important thing here is to find a place that is not in your usual surroundings just to be with La Wifey/Le Hubby and create amazing memories/babies together?.
For your honeymoon getaway, you can either plan your trip through a travel agency or by yourself.
If a travel agency is planning your honeymoon for you, then all you have to do is share your preferences with them and they will handle all the logistics for an agreed fee.
However, if you are planning your trip by yourself, you must plan way ahead, that way, you can handle all logistics or have someone help you sort it. Some of these logistics like duration, visa application, budget, destination etc. have been listed above.
Below are some beautiful honeymoon destinations (in no particular order) that you can research more on as you plan for your honeymoon. Some are in Africa and some are not – whether you like calm, serene beaches or you love a place with electricity/nightlife or you want to go an adventure, there is a suggestion for you. Also, with Travelstart, you can search and book your flights easily.
- Islands in Africa – Idyllic beaches, clear warm water and a massage for two (sounds romantic already, yeah?), then some islands in Africa like Seychelles, Mauritius, Cape Verde and Madagascar will be perfect for your honeymoon trip.
- South Africa – South Africa offers a diverse set of destinations and offerings like vineyards, safari, hiking, savannahs, etc. Another great place like this is Kenya – it has reserves, highlands, savannah, etc.
- The Maldives – Maldives is located off India’s Southwest coast and it is one of the most popular destinations for newlyweds. The Island is surrounded by a magnificent lagoon with sparkling turquoise water and white sands at the bottom.
- Bali – Bali is an exotic island in Indonesia and a perfect destination for your honeymoon. This destination offers a luxurious and romantic touch in everything, from accommodation to dining.
- Cruises – If you are the adventurous sort and will like to cover a lot of places in a few days, then you should try going on a personal/group cruise depending on your budget. With a cruise, you can do one, three or even seven destinations in the course of just one week. Destinations such as Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, Alaska, the Mediterranean, etc. With this, you also get to enjoy cruises packages like spa treatments, gourmet dining, private shore excursions without worrying about your budget once you step foot on the ship.
- Other destinations include Zanzibar, Bora Bora, Paris, New York, Bahamas, etc.
- Finally, you can find some nice Airbnb’s in Lagos, Nigeria in case you decide on a staycation, or you can go to resorts like La Campagne Tropicana
Cheers to a sweet honeymoon.
Have you gone on your honeymoon? Where did you go?