Let’s talk investment. Investing is a topic everyone should know about and get interested in. That you need to have a lot of money before you can invest is a myth.
In an earlier post, I had shared investment opportunities that didn’t require a lot of money for you to start; read it here.
As I shared in an earlier post too, I attended 9 to 5 chick after work event where we learned about money – growing and managing it. You can read it here, it is a prequel to today’s post
In this post, I’ll be sharing with you investment opportunities that you should be aware of.
Note: Always research an investment opportunity before putting in your money.
Here are 8 Investment Opportunities you should know about
- Fixed deposit and savings: This gives you an option to fix your money in a commercial bank. Interest rate on fixed deposit is about 10%
- Micro finance fixed deposit: This is also an opportunity to fix (lock) your money but this time it is in a micro finance bank and it has higher returns; about 17 or 18%. Loan companies like RenMoney, Page Financials offer this option
- Treasury Bills: With this you can invest in the primary or secondary treasury bill. Primary treasury bills require a higher capital, while secondary treasury bills leverage on fund pooling. Interest rate varies, it has an average of 12%
- Government Bonds: Government usually sends bonds as a means of generating revenue and these are of a longer duration than treasury bills which is also by the government
- Mutual Funds: This has different categories some of which are money market mutual funds, equity mutual funds, etc. Different investment houses have different packages and different ROIs
- Foreign Investments such as Freetrade, Robinhood, Tencent, etc.
- Real estate: You can either buy a piece of land or already built house
- Agritech: This is one market that yields high returns these days
- Always think long term
- Get a professional lawyer or accountant where needed
- Always do 3rd party verification
Thank you for sharing, Esther.
I’ve been considering Agric investments. I hope to get down to it shortly.