Happy new week folks.
This is a sequel post to 5 Reasons Why You Should Invest In Yourself as promised. As I mentioned in the previous post:
Investing in yourself is one of the best gift you could ever give yourself and like most investment, the returns/dividend are long-term. Investing in oneself should be a lifetime practice.
Five (5) major areas of your life to invest in (in no particular order) are:
1. Your Faith/Spiritual Life: Faith is important in the life of any individual. We all have that inner part of us that acknowledges the existence of a Higher/Supreme Being and we try to devise means to connect with or worship that Being. This is evident in the number of religions we have in the world.
Thanks be to God who sent His Son to die for our sins and give us a way to connect to the Father; He also gave us His Word, the Bible to direct and guide our paths.
An important aspect of your life to invest in is your spiritual life, your faith. As you grow, you should know what you believe; have core morals, principles and values.
2. Your Career. Your career is another area of your life that you should invest in. Get an education whether formal or informal. Like it is popularly said, education is the best legacy.
You could never go wrong with an investment in your education.
Don’t get to a point in your life when you feel like you know it all. In Steve Job’s words, Stay Hungry.
Keep learning, go for training, take new courses online, further your education.
Set goals and smash them; get a job or have something you are doing; attend conferences; read career-related books; build soft skills; be the best at what you do.
3. Your Personal Life. Now, this is a no-brainer. You don’t need anyone to tell you to invest in your personal life, or maybe you do. Your personal life as used here implies the physical, health, and mental part of you.
Ways to invest in your personal life are: read books, attend conferences, explore your creative self, hone your mental skills, develop yourself in areas where you feel you are lacking, eat healthy, be happy, learn to give, learn a new language, explore, go on adventures, contribute/give back to the society, ensure personal hygiene, do something you are scared of doing (something good o😀), volunteer for a good cause, *you can add more*.
4. Your Friends/Networth: Your network is your net-worth. Surround yourself with the type of people you want to be like. Be intentional in your relationships.
To do this, you can: Attend conferences, build your network intentionally, have a strong support system, value family and relationships, treat people with respect and kindness, hang out with your friends, contribute to the society.
5. Your Finances: Some investments are money-dependent, thus you need to invest in your finances. Plan for your future, have savings, make investments, read on finance management, engage the help of an investment consultant.
Investing in yourself doesn’t have to be always expensive. Start with baby steps, commit to one area at a time, measure your progress, and have a mentor or accountability partner; you’ll be amazed at how much progress you’ll make and how great your life will become.
Investing in yourself emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially, will allow you to become the best version of yourself. When you are the best version of yourself, you will be an attraction magnet to others.
I’m sure you’ve learned a thing or two. Kindly share this post with your friends and family and drop a comment too.
So, it’s the blog 2-year anniversary this month and I’m not still contemplating how to celebrate this. Someone suggested us to have a meet-up, what do you guys think about that? Or what would you suggest?
Let’s get talking, see you in the comment section.