A few weeks ago, I was at the 9to5 chick after-work conversation and there was so much to learn and yeah, I already shared my notes with you here. However, there was a part of the discussion at the event that was almost a topic on its own, so I decided to make a post out of it.
It’s about the kind of people you need in your circles, yeah your network. It has been often said that you are the average of the 5 people closest to you; and in this millennial age, we all know that your network is your net-worth.
It’s not just about the money you have in your account, the people you have around you also matter. In Yoruba, there is this popular adage – Eniyan laso eni.
We all need the right people in our circles.
So today, I’m going to share with you the types of people you need in your circle/ around you.
Please note that you don’t have to be BFFs with all of them, but at least you should know such people and have a good relationship with them.
So, who are the types of people you need in your circle?
1. Someone who knows people – how else are those doors to Chevron and Aso Rock gonna be opened?
2. The fitfam person – we are gonna live that fitfam life by force and by inspiration from our fitfam friends, so go get you a fitness/fitfam friend.
3. The police or a member of the armed forces – for every time that policeman stops you on the road, you know who to call😉.
4. The social media savvy person – how else are you going to trend on social media?
5. The lawyer or legal professional – now you can go and look for trouble, you’ve got a barrister in your circle.
6. Someone who knows where to find things (a plug) – no need to ask Google, you already have Chief Know It All in your circle.
7. The fashionista – you aren’t going to be slaying just goals and demons, yeah?
8. The pastor, prayo or spiritual person – cos the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God.
9. The finance expert – cos we gotta be smashing them finance goals too.
10. Someone who always has cash – we all need this person in our lives, God forbid that we are so broke and can’t pay our bills, they gon’ come through immediately
11. The adventurer – cos we can’t be all work and serious all the times; life is in the memories we collate, you know?
12. The hypeman – cos who doesn’t need a hypeman in their life? Someone’s gotta help us toot our horn when we aren’t there.
13. The doer/ intentional goal smasher – Aye!!! You need some me in your circle😉.
The power of your network is in the diversity of your network. Consciously build it.
Please note: this post was cooked in a pot of seriousness combined with sprinkles of humour, hope it wasn’t too spicy for you 😉.
Did I miss out on any point?
What other types of people do we need in our circle, do share with me in the comment section.
Race you to the comment section, first to comment gets a 😉
Love and Light,