Hi dear reader, trust you’ve been well. Do pardon me for publishing this post later than I promised. I’ve had issues with internet and power supply.
One year of blogging for me, is not a small achievement. It represents a year of learning, uncertainty, determination, growing and persistence.
I am very thankful for the experience so far: I am thankful to God for His grace, strength, wisdom and enablement; I am thankful to all my editors and critics, you all have been great; I am thankful to all my readers, both active and ghost, you’ve been a source of great encouragement. Thank you for the likes, shares, comments and feedbacks, I hope to see you more in this new phase.
Yeah, it’s a new phase, HOORAY!!!!
As I start this new phase, two of my main goals is to write better and affect more lives positively.
The journey of blogging began officially for me in August 2015. Before then, I wanted to start but I didn’t have courage enough to start. However, thanks to a push from my big sister from another mother, Tola of toladimeji blog, I was able to start.
My advice to all would-be bloggers and writers out there is JUST START. All you need do is overcome that fear of starting, and there are easy tools to stat with like blogger and WordPress. You’ll get better as you go.
I published the first post, Esther’s Place, on August 21, and I wondered how I’ll continue, if I’d ever get to a point where I’ll have nothing to write about. But it’s been interesting; I daresay, I’m far better than when I started, and the journey is just beginning… Yes, keep your seatbelt fastened.
AT THE MOMENT
So where we at?
The journey has been interesting indeed and I’ve done 50 posts so far. Let me share with you some of the reasons why I blog. I have an about section on the blog that kind of explains why I blog, but I’ll like to share two reasons with you here.
1. To add something positive to the world through the internet. We tend to complain a lot about the kind of evils that people perpetrate through the internet, and most times, all we do is complain. Blogging for me is a way of giving back to the society, a way of doing something positive with the internet, a way of adding value.
2. To impact lives. Yes, I have a desire to impact lives positively; either by challenging you through a blog post, or by inspiring you with an infographic. Blogging creates an opportunity to reach a large audience one might not be able to reach otherwise. I hope you’ve been enjoying the Discovering Purpose series?
There’s a lot to look forward to and there are definitely many things cooking in the pot, do not worry, I’ll share some of them with you ??.
Some of my goals for the blog in this new phase are:
1. Get a custom domain name. This is definitely my number one priority, and if you do not know what this means, it means I want to get my own blog name. I’ve wanted to do this for a while back, but I’ve been constrained money-wise. Just in case the Lord is speaking to you to help in this area??, holla at me.
2. Design my blog logo. Hopefully, work on this would soon get started.
3. Do more motivational posts. Yes, I hope to do more motivational posts on the blog; just keep your seatbelt fastened, lotta motivational goodies coming your way.
4. More user engagement. Yes o, this is very important. You do not know how much encouragement I get from your feedback. So please and please, let’s get our relationship on even firmer ground, with more comments, likes, etc. *winks*
There are lots of things cooking in the pot, but I think I’ve let enough cats out of the bag for now.
So, just as a means of improving and also working on our relationship ??, I have some questions for you. Please, please, please (1000 times), your answers/comments will go a long way in helping me.
Here are the questions :
1. What is your favorite post on the blog?
2. What are the things you’ll like me to write about?
3. What is one thing that you really like about my blog or my writing style?
4. What is one thing that you think I need to improve on, in my writing or the blog generally?
See you in the comment section below?
P.S : If you have something you’ll like to share with people via my blog, you can do me a mail @ email@example.com.
P.P.S : pardon me for the long post, but I think it was worth it.
Have a stupendously amazing week.