Hey friends, how y’all doing?
How’s plan for the weekend going at your end? Time to bring out your *owambe clothes and shoes right? (remember to collect my own rice and meat o)
–back to the matter–
Look who got nominated for a blogger’s award. Yaaayy!!!! It’s your girl Esthitude. 🙌🙋🙌😍
Despite not the days of little beginnings, they say.
This post is so overdue, yeah, I’ve had it coming for a long while. I should have done this since July *coversface*, but I’m going to blame the delay on the questions 😎😁.
You see, I was nominated by my beautiful friend Shanyi of TheShanyiLife for the sisterhood of the world bloggers award, mucha gracias dear for the nomination😘😘.
To accept the award, here are the rules :
1. Display the Award’s Logo on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you,and mention them in a link that easily links back to their own site.
3. Answer ten questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and inform them about the nomination.
5. Ask them ten questions of your choice.
These are the questions she asked and my answers too:
1. Describe yourself in 5 words.
God’s favorite girl, software developer, blogger, life coach and future techpreneur.
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
A desire to shine my little light in the darkness that pervades the world wide web. A desire to give back, reach out and add value.
3. Do you see yourself doing this (blogging) for a long time?
Yeah, I see myself doing this for a long time.
4. Are you relaxed or natural? Why?
I am natural. I’ve been natural since I can remember *smiles *. Being natural is a choice I’ve consciously decided to stick to.
5. What is your go to hairstyle?
My go to hairstyle will be plaiting/threading. ‘Cos it is a protective style and tis easy to uninstall.
6. Do/Did you have a habit, body feature or any thing you struggled or are(were) uncomfortable with? What is(was) it?
Yes. One thing that I was usually ‘yabbed’ about when I was much younger was my big ears, and I was very withdrawn and lacked confident in myselfs a person and in my abilities.
7. Have you overcome it? How?
Yes, I have overcome it. As I grew older and came into a relationship with God, I began to develop self-confidence, and I learnt to love me the way I am and the way God has made me to be.
8. What’s your take on the feminist trend?
Uhmm, this is a tricky one. People have different definitions of feminism. However, I believe in equal opportunities for the girl child and boy child. I believe that girls should be empowered and not made to stay at home or get married at their tender age.
I don’t subscribe to women trying to be like men. We are different and unique in our own ways, but we must be allowed and given the opportunity to maximize our potentials to the FULLEST.
9. Describe your ideal man in a sentence.
God-fearing, mature in mind, kind, honest, loving, has integrity, smart, loves and values family and relationships, open-minded. I hope this is still one sentence? *smiles * I guess one sentence will not be enough, so I’ll just stop at that.
10. Share a lesson life taught you recently.
Be ready to learn new things and unlearn old ideas and ways. As we grow older, we discover that the things we counted as very important are not so important. So, be ready to learn and grow; never get to a point in your life when you think you’ve known it all.
I hereby nominate :
Dokiwonda of Dokiwonda blog
Tola of Owurotide blog
Praise of Praise Ajewole blog
Chiamaka of chiamakaokoro blog
RuthInspire of Ruthinspire blog
Onyinye of onyinyeetoniru.com
Aspire to Acquire of aspiretoacquire blog
Lizzy of de-raconteur.com
Stephanie of belleestephany blog
Lois of Ebony Medics blog
…… and my questions are :-
1. What do you think is life’s purpose?
2. What are three major highlights of 2016 that colored your year?
3. What fuels your passion? What motivates you?
4. What do you hope to gain from blogging?
5. What are your favorite hobbies?
6. What do you understand by feminism and what is your take on it?
7. What do you plan to have achieved at 40?
8. What major feat would like to achieve in 2017?
9. If you can go back in time, what would you have done differently in your life and why?
10. What is your favorite quote?
Have an amazing weekend.
*owambe – Yoruba word for party or turn up.